It is that time of the year again, when everybody dislikes waking up early as we all want to be warmly tucked in the comfort of our homes. The time of endless colds and flus. Long nights and short days, as it gets dark earlier at around six in the
. It is also that season which records the highest number of electric fires. This is what we remember, whenever we think of winter! As everyone wants to ensure the safety of their homes and families, below are a few tips one should put into consideration this winter:
- Always switch off and unplug electronic strips after use. Many cases of electric fires are recorded from heaters, elements and boilers which are left plugged on.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions and manuals. It is crucial to understand an electric gadget before using it lest you make a serious mistake which can result in electric fires and property damages.
- Always keep a fire extinguisher close at hand. It is of paramount importance to keep a fire extinguisher and more important to make sure that everyone in the house knows how to operate it in case of a fire breakout.
- Invest in a fire alarm.
- Prepare an emergency kit. One will only understand the importance of an emergency kit in time of emergencies. The kit may include candles, matches, blankets, a phone list as well as a medical aid box.
- Avoid walking late and alone at night. In case of an attack, you may hardly find anyone to assist since people prefer staying indoors due to the cold weather.
- Dress appropriately. Always remember to wear warm clothes this winter. This will prevent you from catching diseases like pneumonia, cold sores and asthma which are associated with cold weather.
Your safety is our concern, always remember: Security begins with you. STAY SAFE!