With the Heroes holiday is fast approaching, we are left with many decisions and preparations to make before packing our bags and making our ways to Easter campings and holidays. Ensuring the security of family and property is fundamental at this
moment. Statistics clearly show that criminal activity increases during the holiday season hence it is imperative for homeowners to take the right precautions and not let your guard down. Anyone can be a victim of theft, and if someone is home when a burglar intrudes, the crime can easily escalate into something even more dangerous like rape, assault or even death. We will go through a few simple things you should do to improve you security:
- Test your alarm before the holiday. Testing should be done outside of peak hours (between 8am and 4pm or after 8pm) and if a fault is discovered, it should be immediately reported to your security service provider. NB: If your alarm is connected to rapid response services, always inform the control room before testing
- Advise your security service providers if you will be away and provide them with necessary information regarding nearby key holders, in case of an emergency. Also inform your “trusted” neighbors of your holiday plans so that they can keep an eye on your property.
- Secure your sliding doors as well as investing in timed switches that only light your lights during the evening and turn them off in the morning to confuse burglars. Create the illusion that someone is at your house if you’re away for an extended period of time. Also refrain from posting your travel updates on social media; not all your followers make an honest living.
- Check for weak points on your perimeter fence or wall and let it be fixed lest burglars use them to gain entry.
- Make sure you have a plan for emergencies and share with your entire family including the kids, having an emergency plan that everyone is aware of gives your family that extra advantage if anything goes wrong.
Consider hiring a security guard for the period you won’t be home; that 12-hour period you leave the house alone is more than enough to ruin your holiday. Call us, we offer casual Security guard bookings at competitive prices. You can have peace of mind while you are away for holiday knowing that someone is keeping an eye on your property.
NB* Always remember “Security begins with you!”